Each summer, we host our Pritchard Park Summer Series bringing fun, family friendly events to downtown's Pritchard Park. These events are free and open to the public.
Tuesday Evening Hoop Jams; every Tuesday between Memorial Day and Labor Day from 5:30-7:30pm. Bring your own hoop and twist away or borrow one to try out. This event is in partnership with Asheville Hoops.
Wednesdays with LEAF Community Arts, Wednesdays June 7 through August 9 from 5:30-7pm. Join LEAF for cultural arts programming and crafts with Easel Rider teaching artists.
- June 7, July 12, August 9 – Hip Hop Jam with Nex Millan
- June 14, July 19 – West African Drum and Rhythms with Adama Dembele
- June 21 – Improv & Theatre with a Globel Lens with Erinn Hatley
- June 28 – Arts in the Park Jam with LEAF Teaching Artists
- July 5 – Scratching & Mixing Freestyle Dance with DJ Kutzu
- July 26, August 2 – Mardi Gras Indian Traditions with Chief Shaka Zula & Imhotep
Thursday Evening Singer/Songwriter Series, Thursdays June 8 through July 27 from 6-8pm. Join us for intimate performances from some of Asheville's favorite musicians. 2017 Lineup:
- June 8 - Brie Capone
- June 15 - Anya Hinkle
- June 22 - Alexa Rose & The Midnight Stringbird
- June 29 - Ben Phan
- July 6 - Ian Rindenhour
- July 13 - Tina & Her Pony
- July 20 - SIYAH
- July 27 - Sarah Tucker
Since 2001, the beats and rhythms of the Asheville Drum Circle have pulled people into Pritchard Park. The free community event draws not only drummers, but dancers, spectators and more. Attendees are welcome to bring along their own drums and join in the fun. The Drum Circle takes place every Friday (weather permitting) and begins about 6pm.