North Carolina is honored to host the Southeastern Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (SASHTO) for the 2013 SASHTO conference in Asheville, NC from August 24-28th. SASHTO consists of departments of transportation from Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.
• We anticipate between 1,000 to 1,200 delegates and guests to attend this year’s conference in Asheville, NC.
• As part of the conference we are offering registered delegates and guests to participate in the SASHTO Dollars program. Each delegate will receive $25 in $5 increments in SASHTO Dollars. Guests will receive $20. A voided example of the SASHTO Dollar is attached to this packet. We are writing to ask if your business would like to participate and accept the SASHTO Dollars. By participating, your business could see significant traffic during the SASHTO conference.
• All SASHTO Dollars will have a distinct embossment on each five-dollar increment.
• The SASHTO Dollars have no cash value other than for purchases made at participating businesses. All purchases made with SASHTO Dollars are subject to sales tax. For any purchases made that are not in $5 increments, change will not be provided to the customer.
• Each participating business will collect the SASHTO Dollars and return them to the Asheville Visitors Center at 36 Montford Avenue in Asheville to collect full reimbursement for the SASHTO Dollars. Reimbursement will be provided by check Sunday August 25, Monday August 26, Tuesday August 27th and until noon on Wednesday August 28th. Collection and reimbursement of SASHTO dollars will end at Noon Wednesday August 28th. No SASHTO reimbursement will be given after noon on August 28th. Participating business can chose whether to be reimbursed daily or with a single check on the last day.
• Each participate will be given a SASHTO sign (8.5 inch by 11inch) to be displayed prominently in the front window for registered conference and guest attendee to see during August 24-27, 2013. SASHTO will also provide each conference attendee and guest a listing of participating businesses as well as a map to each location.
• SASHTO Dollars will only be valid from August 24th -27th, 2013.
If you are interested in participating in the SASHTO Dollars program, please email the participation form below to Carli Adams, Convention Service Manager, Asheville Convention & Visitors Bureau at firstname.lastname@example.org By June, 28th. If you are unable to email the form, please mail a completed copy to Carli Adams PO Box 1010, Asheville, NC 28801.