You can easily park your car and enjoy Downtown Asheville on foot.
Find real time data on spaces available in city and county parking decks here. See list of city and county parking decks below.
We recommend using one of the City of Asheville’s parking decks. They’re safe, reliable and cheaper than on-street parking. Plus, parking decks are attended Monday through Saturday from 10am to 7pm and accept cash, coins, Visa or MasterCard. First hour free, second hour or any portion of $2.50 followed by $1.25 per each additional hour or fraction thereof. (Daily maximum: $12)
- Civic Center Garage - enter from Haywood Street or Rankin Avenue
- Rankin Avenue Garage - enter from Rankin Avenue or Walnut Street
- Wall Street Garage - enter from Otis Street near Patton Avenue
- Biltmore Avenue Garage - enter from Biltmore Avenue or Lexington Avenue
- Buncombe County Parking Garage - $1.25 per hour, enter on College Street across from the Court House
- Buncombe County HHS Garage - $1.25 per hour, enter on Coxe Avenue
There are also several private garages and parking lots located throughout downtown. Real time updates on available parking spots for parking decks available here.
Carter Street Lot - the Carter Street lot is offering monthly and hourly parking at 68 Carter Street. The lot is gated, well lit and monitored by security cameras. More information here.
You’ll find plenty of on-street parking around town. Metered parking is for two hours or less (as marked) and is $1.50 per hour. Meters accept coins, credit cards or you can download the Passport Parking App to pay by phone. Metered parking is enforced Monday through Saturday from 8am to 6pm. Parking is free after 6pm and all day Sunday as well as on city holidays. Some areas of the downtown now feature a pay-by-phone option. Look for signs with instructions.
The City of Asheville’s transit system provides bus service throughout the city including downtown. The Transit Center is located at 49 Coxe Avenue in downtown. For more information on our transit system, visit the City of Asheville’s website.