The Asheville Downtown Association will host the Ingles Independence Day Celebration on Wednesday, July 4 from 2-10pm at Pack Square Park in downtown Asheville. This event is produced in partnership with the City of Asheville.
The free event features family activities throughout the day, with a fireworks extravaganza capping off the event at 9:30pm.
The Ultimate Air Dogs return to Asheville for the 4th of July event. Competitions will take place at 2pm, 4pm and 6pm, with the finals at 7:30pm. Learn more about the Ultimate Air Dogs and how to register your dog to compete at ultimateairdogs.com. Pets are only allowed in the Air Dogs area and not throughout the rest of the event.
Bouncy houses and children’s activities provided by LEAF Easel Rider will keep the kids happy and busy from 2-6pm. A $3 wristband allows kids to jump, bounce and race as many times as they’d like. Asheville Hoops will host a Hula Hoop Jam from 2-4pm on Roger McGuire Green.
The Splashville Fountain will be on until 6pm as well for kids to cool off and splash about.
Flatpicking guitar legend, the Larry Keel Experience will headline the event, hitting the stage about 8pm. Local openers will begin at 5pm.
Beer, cider and wine will be available for purchase including local, regional and national brews. Water and other drinks will also be available for purchase.
No outside alcohol, pets or vending will be permitted. Parking is available in City of Asheville parking decks, on the street or in private lots.
This event would not be possible without the support of our sponsors: Ingles Markets, City of Asheville, Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority, Pepsi, The Brite Agency, Go Minis, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, Sam Adams, AT&T, Dig Local, 99.9 Kiss Country, Mix 96.5, Rock 105.1, The 828.com, Asheville Scene, Asheville Citizen-Times, Buncombe County, Renaissance Asheville Hotel, Asheville Color & Imaging and Moe’s Original Bar B Que.
We recommend using one of the City of Asheville or Buncombe County parking decks. They’re safe, reliable and cheaper than on-street parking. In city garages, the first hour is free and each additional hour is $1 with a daily maximum in each garage.
- Civic Center Garage - enter from Haywood Street or Rankin Avenue
- Rankin Avenue Garage - enter from Rankin Avenue or Walnut Street
- Wall Street Garage - enter from Otis Street near Patton Avenue
- Biltmore Avenue Garage - enter from Biltmore Avenue or Lexington Avenue
- Buncombe County Garage - enter from College Street
- On-street metered parking is free on holidays.
ITEMS "NOT" ALLOWED
• No pets are allowed in the festival boundaries (except dogs competing in the Ultimate Air Dogs competitions).
• Weapons of any kind
• Illegal substances (including narcotics) or drug paraphernalia
• Outside alcoholic beverages
• Fireworks and explosives
• Unauthorized or illegal vendors
• Moshing, crowd surfing, and/or stage diving
• Unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, give-aways, etc.
There are plenty of opportunities to volunteer for the many events produced by the Asheville Downtown Association. Find out more about volunteer opportunities here.