The Asheville Downtown Association hosts the Ingles Independence Day Celebration on July 4 each year at Pack Square Park in Downtown Asheville. The free event features family activities throughout the day, with a fireworks extravaganza capping off the event at 9:30pm.
Bouncy houses and children’s activities provided by area nonprofits will keep the kids happy and busy from 2-6pm. A wristband will be available for purchase that allows kids to jump, bounce and race as many times as they’d like.
The Splashville Fountain will be on from 2-6pm as well for kids to cool off and splash about. Families are also welcome to picnic on Roger McGuire Green during the afternoon.
No outside alcohol, pets or vending will be permitted. Parking is available in City of Asheville parking decks, on the street or in private lots.
We recommend using one of the City of Asheville or Buncombe County parking decks. They’re safe, reliable and cheaper than on-street parking. In city garages, the first hour is free and each additional hour is $1 with a daily maximum in each garage.
- Civic Center Garage - enter from Haywood Street or Rankin Avenue
- Rankin Avenue Garage - enter from Rankin Avenue or Walnut Street
- Wall Street Garage - enter from Otis Street near Patton Avenue
- Biltmore Avenue Garage - enter from Biltmore Avenue or Lexington Avenue
- Buncombe County Garage - enter from College Street
- On-street metered parking is free on holidays.
ITEMS "NOT" ALLOWED
• No pets are allowed in the festival boundaries (except dogs competing in the Ultimate Air Dogs competitions).
• Weapons of any kind
• Illegal substances (including narcotics) or drug paraphernalia
• Outside alcoholic beverages
• Fireworks and explosives
• Unauthorized or illegal vendors
• Moshing, crowd surfing, and/or stage diving
• Unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, give-aways, etc.
There are plenty of opportunities to volunteer for the many events produced by the Asheville Downtown Association. Find out more about volunteer opportunities here.